Posted on October 10, 2019
Oiling hair and scalp is an age old Indian tradition handed over to us by our Nani’s and Dadi’s. Applying oil to the hair is a ritual which forms an endearing, special bond between moms and daughters or grand moms and daughters or sons. Dunking our head and hair in oil is also suggested to relax the mind and body. Oiling hair restores valuable moisture to your scalp and hair.
On the other hand it promotes hair growth and prevents bacteria and fungal infection.
Hair needs nourishment from roots to tips. Scalp releases natural oils from hair follicles which encourages hair growth. Sometimes this oil from scalp cannot be delivered to the tip. So applying oil to your hair and massaging scalp is a necessity to help the oil to penetrate into the scalp.
Here are some Diy (“DO IT YOURSELF”) OIL’S that you can make at home for SHINY, LONG, AND LUMINOUS HAIR.
1) VITAMIN-E INFUSED OIL
1 tbsp Castor Oil
1 tbsp Aloe vera
Vitamin E Capsules
1. Take a bowl combine all the ingredients to get a smooth blend.
2. Apply this blend all over your hair. Massage this oil blend into your scalp and leave it for around 30 minutes.
3. Wash your hair with warm water and a sulphate-free shampoo and then continue to condition with a mild conditioner.
2) AMLA-COCONUT MAGIC
Amla fruit or gooseberry (available at vegetable vendors).
1. Grate the amla and discard the seed.
2. Crush the grated amla to remove all the juice out of it. Use the juice of 3-4 Amla’s mix it with 2 spoons of coconut oil. Mix well.
3. Now, heat up the mixture and put it into stew for such a time as there is a slight change in colour.
4. Strain the mixture and store it in a container.
5. Apply on hair and scalp half an hour before shampoo.
3) KADI PATTA OIL
Curry Leaves(KADI PATTA).
1. Take a bowl and add coconut oil and 5-6 curry leaves ( torn to bits, to release the vitamins).
2. Now, heat up the mixture for 1 min on slow flame.
3. Apply the lukewarm mixture on your scalp and massage gently with your fingertips for 5 mins.
4. Wash your hair with a sulphate-free shampoo and then continue to condition with a mild conditioner.
5. After you are finished washing your hair, let your hair dry.
4) ONION JUICE OIL
Onion ( cut into small pieces)
Curry Leaves ( around 20 leaves)
Castor oil (optional)
1. Heat 250 ml coconut oil.
2. After 2 mins add onions and curry leaves.
3. Heat on slow flame for 5 minutes.
4. Add castor oil and turn off the flame.
5. Let it cool down and then filter the oil and store it in a container.
6. Use to massage on hair and scalp 2 hours before you shampoo.
Lifesaver tip that Happie Hair would like to give you readers is always drinking 11 cups of water and have a balanced diet. Drinking less water and eating junk can be one of the reasons for hair loss or bad hair quality.
Try these DIY Oils made at home and apply it twice a week. But ladies, these oils require lots of patience. You will not see results overnight. Patience is the key to growth, be it your hair or any other aspect of life. But you will definitely benefit from these oil therapies. Relax and enjoy a warm oil massage. Make it a ritual for Sunday mornings. Let me know which one you tried….
For more hair-related hacks, visit www.happiehair.com and check out our blog!
To your hair success,